Monday, May 9, 2011

Leaving My Heart In San Francisco

 Mileage Leaving SF



Today I washed my clothes and packed up the car and left San Francisco for Yosemite National Park. I was able to spend, as Mary Judah counts, 9-1/2 days in SF with Kristen, Joshua, Mary Judah and Kilian. It was the longest I have visited them since they moved there 6 years ago. Katie and Josh flew in the Saturday before I arrived on Sunday to surprise Mary Judah for her birthday and they had to leave last Friday. I got to spend time with the Ruddlets, celebrated Mary Judah's 8th birthday,  helped build and install two raised planter boxes for Kristen and the kids (I had to go buy a drill for the assembly as Joshua's cordless drill died for the most part, so Kristen got a drill for Mother's Day from me!) helped fix some items in the kid's room, etc. to earn my keep so to speak. I Took Killian to a movie on Saturday, while Mary Judah was at a birthday party and took him for a bike ride Sunday while she was at ballet practice. Actually, he was the one riding the bike, I was walking as fast as I could to keep up, which wasn't very successful. So I had him ride a ways ahead and found landmarks in Golden Gate Park for him to stop at and wait for me to catch up. Sometimes he listened, sometimes not. I got a good workout the 1-1/2 hours we were gone. But, it was fun to be able to do things with him now that he is getting bigger and will turn 5 this August.

When I was trying to get ready to leave this morning/afternoon, the Ruddlets didn't want me to go and were trying to get my car keys so they could hide them from me. They also resorted to tieing me up in my chair after I finished lunch and blindfolded me in attempts to get me to tell them where my keys were. Mary Judah asked me where they were "at?" and I told her between the A and the T. That confused her for a while and when I got in the car ready to leave she wanted me to show her where the A and the T were that the keys were between. I had to explain to her that it was joke. Such innocence! It was sad to leave and have all those sad faces at my departure.

I left SF headed toward Yosemite around 1:30 pm. I stopped at an In-N-Out Burger in Merced at my turn-off for Yosemite around 4 pm. After that I continued on to the Yosemite Bug Mountain Resort in Midpines, CA about 45 minutes from Yosemite National Park. I am staying in a tent cabin (see pictures) for four nights and will explore Yosemite for three days. It is right next to the stairs that lead toward the communal toilets/showers about 50 steps up the mountain. The communal facilities do have individual stalls for the toilets and showers so I won't embarass myself. ;-D Yosemite Bug is also a Hostel location so there are a lot of younger folks here, (I am probably the oldest). I might be able to get in touch with my "Inner Hippie" while here. There is a group of young adults here for a month going through Wilderness EMT training. I spoke with a young woman named Dara at the cafe who is going through the training and this is her first day.
 My suite for the week


Tomorrow I will head to Yosemite Valley in the park and tour around that area for the day. The next day I plan to go up to Hetch Hetchy and tour around there. I will check in with the Visitor Center in the park tomorrow to firm up my plans. There may be some areas that are still closed due to weather, etc.There was a little rain as I got into the mountains but it seemed to be on the tail end moving on out. The forecast for the next three days is mostly sunshine with temps in the 60s and 70s. Should be a good time to be here. So, I will see you down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment