Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 10 - San Francisco

This morning I broke camp at the KOA site in Visalia, CA and headed toward San Francisco leaving around 9 am. I stopped in Modesto, CA around 11:30 to get something to eat before finishing the drive in to SF. I ate at my first In-N-Out burger and it was pretty good for the first time. I arrived at my daughter's a little after 1:30 pm, right after they had returned from ballet lessons for Mary Judah and a birthday party that Killian attended. They were still in the garage when I pulled up in the driveway. I got hugs from the two Rudlets and they helped me unload my stuff. It was good to finally be here after driving just over 2600 miles the past ten days.

I will be here a week, with Mary Judah's  8th birthday tomorrow. She is having her party at one of the parks over in the Presidio and it coincides with park day for her home school group. Hopefully this week will be a chance to recharge my batteries from a hectic first week on the road and the challenges it brought. The experiences have been memorable and the challenges forgettable, but you have to take the rain with the sunshine.

I will be back posting probably once I hit the road again, or I may post something this week on my reflections of the week past. So, see you down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment